Annual Sandbox Summit
Every year, this workshop-style event brings together NGOs, corporate Canada, health practitioners, policy makers and young people to collaborate on improving the health and wellbeing of Canada’s kids and youth.
The 2018 Sandbox Summit will take place at TELUS House Toronto once again! We look forward to seeing you on April 12.
Please check back in the coming weeks for updates.
MC’d by Canadian beach volleyball Olympian Martin Reader, the 6th Annual Sandbox Project Conference included updates from The Sandbox Project’s leadership in the areas of Environmental Health, Growing Healthy Bodies, Injury Prevention, Mental Health, and the Young Canadians Roundtable on Health.
For the conference afternoon, we welcomed Ric Young, Distinguished Visiting Professor of Social Innovation at Ryerson University, to facilitate a one-of-a-kind collaborative session. His engaging keynote introduced Courage, Creativity and Collaboration as linked dimensions in improving the wellbeing of children and youth. For more information about 2016 conference outcomes, please contact us.
materials FROM Previous SANDBOX PROJECT CONFERENCES
"Concussion Legislation is Desirable in Canada: How to Make this Happen" presented by Dr. Charles Tator
"Growing Healthy Bodies: The Development of a Healthy Body Score-Card for Canadian Children and Youth" presented by Dr. Ian Patton and Dr. Amy McPherson
"Towards Improved Prenatal Environmental Health Awareness in Canada" presented by Dr. Eric Crighton and Peter Robinson
- "Strengthening Communities for Canadian Children with Disabilities" discussion document presented by Dr. Anne Snowdown
- "Action Through Collaboration" presented by Dr. Kellie Leitch
- "Building Obesity in Canada: Working toward an understanding of the built environment" presented by Theodora Pouliou and Susan J. Elliott
- "Child & Youth Injury Prevention in Canada" presented by Pam Fuselli
- "Children’s Mental Health: A Focus on Relationships" presented by Debra Pepler
- "Healthy weights: It's not about the weight" presented by Dr. Leora Pinhas
- "Information Technologies to Support Injury Surveillance: From Data to Knowledge" presented by Dr. Bob Kent
- "Key Canadian Trends Affecting Children and Youth" presented by Rupen Seoni
- "Making mental health research work for children, youth and families" presented by Keli Anderson, Brent Seal and Dr. Stan Kutcher
- "Mental Health Commission of Canada: Call to Action on Child & Youth Mental Health" presented by Dr. Simon Davidson, Ms. Mwanaisha (Mo) Ali and Dr. Stan Kutcher
- "Promoting Positive Social and Emotional Well-being at Boys and Girls Clubs" presented by Denise Silverstone
- "Safe Water as a Key to Child Health" presented by Dr. Corinne Schuster-Wallace
- "Social Media and Kids: The Good, the Bad, the Ugly" presented by Victor Garcia