The 2016 Forum is a unique learning opportunity for managers, advisors, and sponsors of community-based childhood obesity prevention programs. Forum participants will learn how to operationalize EPODE, a capacity-building community-based methodology, and about new strategies and best practices for program design, implementation, operation and evaluation. Forum participants will also benefit from interaction with senior members of the EPODE global team and program managers from EPODE-inspired programs in Canada, the U.S., and Europe. Special sessions will be held for program managers who are new to the EPODE methodology.
Topics to be addressed at the Forum:
- Best practices from EPODE programs around the world
- Integrating mental health into community-based obesity prevention programs
- Engaging local stakeholders, the private sector and government - how and why
- Designing and evaluating local interventions
- How to access and use tools and resources to strengthen community-based programs
- Different approaches to program evaluation for measuring program impact
For additional information, including the preliminary Forum schedule, visit the registration page on the Epode website.