Side by Side: Strategies for Working with Vulnerable Fathers
2nd Canadian National Fatherhood Conference, March 1-2, 2017 in Winnipeg, MB
The 2nd Canadian National Fatherhood Conference will call together workers, clinicians,
practitioners, managers, and researchers from across Canada to present and share their work with fathers. In particular, this year’s focus will encourage discussions about fathers at risk:
- Young Dads
- Racialized Dads
- Dads involved with child welfare
- Aboriginal Dads
- Incarcerated Dads
- Immigrant/newcomer Dads
It will connect people by creating much-needed networking around engaging fathers-at-risk in programs and communities. It will inform people by focusing on practical and researched-based father involvement information. It will mobilize people through ideas and the momentum of conversations about fatherhood.
Dad Central is inviting submissions for 90 minute workshops and for poster presentations.
Proposals are welcome in either french or english. Proposals can:
- provide practical and innovative program ideas and strategies for working with fathers-at-risk
- increase awareness of how risky situations affect fathers ability to be engaged with their families
- increase understanding of issues facing fathers today (school, health, stress, employment, etc.)
- inform on how fathers can best engage their children through day-to-day activities (play, literacy, etc.)
- expand knowledge about the influence of fathers on the health and well-being of children, families, and communities
- increase the capacity of communities, agencies, and individuals to better engage fathers
- create opportunities for participants to network across diverse areas of interest, expertise, and practice with fathers.
For more information, contact firstname.lastname@example.org. The deadline for submissions is October 31, 2016.