Radon: What You Can Do
Reduce the risk of the #1 cause of lung cancer in non-smokers
An easy-to-read fact sheet that describes four simple steps child care professionals can take to protect the children in their care, and themselves, from the risk of radon exposure -- locally and nationally.
1. Test your child care faciilty
2. Encourage families to test
3. Use your voice for mandatory testing
4. Learn more to help more
Policy Measures to Address Radon in the Child Care Sector
- examples of policy action on radon in early learning environments
- suggestions for reform of child care licensing regulations and better implementation of laws related to Building Codes, public health, and occupational health and safety
- descriptions of recent radon testing initiatives in Quebec and successful/promising efforts elsewhere.