Join this free session on Tuesday, May 15 from 1pm - 3 pm in the Auditorium at the YMCA Central, 20 Grosvenor Street, Toronto.
Led by the Ontario Centre of Excellence in Child and Youth Mental Health, the Youth Engagement Primer is designed to build a common understanding of youth engagement and explore the benefits of implementing youth engagement. Participants will explore their personal and professional relationships with youth engagement and discuss barriers to youth engagement that exist in their communities and organizations as well as opportunities to overcome them. Specific goals of this interactive session include:
- Learn more about the benefits of youth engagement
- Explore the youth engagement theory of change
- Consider implementation issues - how to set the stage for meaningful youth engagement
- Discuss what’s going well and what could be better
- Identify opportunities to increase youth engagement in practice and programs
- Learn techniques to create a YE implementation team
This interactive session will be onsite at the national two-day Wisdom2Action event on youth engagement and will give organizations and community leaders a chance to share promising practices and lessons learned.
For more information or to sign up, please contact Wisdom2Action at email@example.com or call 902-494-4369.