February 28 - March 1, 2019
Side-by-Side: Fatherhood Matters in the Early Years
DEADLINE FOR SUBMISSIONS FRIDAY JUNE 15th
Dads and other male-caregivers engaging with their children are far more prevalent nowadays, and from what is known, establishing a connection earlier on directly and positively correlates to the strength of it. The conference, hosted by Dad Central, will call together workers, clinicians, practitioners, managers, and researchers from across Canada to present and share their work with fathers. Additionally, Dr. Stuart Shanker and Dr. Cindy-Lee Dennis have confirmed their attendance as keynotes!
This year's conference will focus on the topics of:
- Prenatal experiences and support
- Early bonding and attachment
- Post-partum issues
- Mental health of the father, the family, and those around him
- Ways to support and encourage a diversity of male-caregiver roles such as grandfathers, stepfathers, foster fathers and more Innovative services or programs for early years fatherhood
- Research into understanding the needs of early years fatherhood
The 3rd Canadian National Fatherhood Conference is for anyone interested in engaging fathers in their community with services, programs, or resources. The goal is to help provide fathers with the knowledge and support needed around the healthy development of children.
Submissions for 90-minute workshops and poster presentations are invited. Although the focus of this conference is on the early years of development, proposals on other issues facing men as parents are equally welcome.
- Proposals must focus on the objectives outlined in the RFP below.
- Proposals must summarize the practical strategies that will be shared with participants.
- Deadline for submissions is June 15, 2018.
- Submissions must be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Notifications will be sent out by June 30, 2018.