Featuring a special message from Prime Minister Justin Trudeau
Please note: Eastern Time Zone
In 2013, the MHCC Youth Council (YC) took on a knowledge exchange project to translate, from a youth perspective, Changing Directions, Changing Lives: The Mental Health Strategy for Canada. Realizing the importance of the original document in helping to shape mental health policy in Canada, the YC wanted to ensure that it was accessible to all Canadians, with a particular focus on youth and youth-focused organizations. Through the development of new images, infographics, and revised policy language, the YC was able to take a complex policy document and make it more accessible for anyone without a strong background in mental health policy.
This webinar will take a deeper look at the contents of the document and the process involved in re-writing the Strategy.
The goals of the webinar are to:
- Explore the Mental Health Strategy for Canada: A Youth Perspective – what it is, and how it can be useful to you;
- Describe what authentic youth engagement is, and how organizations can do it meaningfully;
- Provide key recommendations for organizations and youth alike when implementing a youth-led project;
- Provide case studies detailing how organizations are implementing the Mental Health Strategy for Canada and how they are engaging youth in their work;
- Host a Q&A period with MHCC Youth Council members.
This webinar will be presented in English. A recording and PowerPoint presentation will be available on the Commission’s website in December 2016.
The YC will also premiere their whiteboard animation video created this year as a supplementary piece to the webinar.
Members of the MHCC Youth Council: